Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The World Before


The last completed novel in the Wess'har Wars Cycle. "The Matriarch" is the next book, due in October of this year. The author has signed a contract for 3 more books..
This series was presented to me as a trilogy. That being said, this third book does tie up a lot of loose ends, but it clearly leaves an opening for the next story arc. By the end of this book we had a very complete picture of 4 different alien species..And a pretty bleak picture of our own! I am afraid calling human beings "xenophobic" seems dated and simplistic and yet, here we are..In the country where science carries less weight than opinion and "you are either with us or against us". We need to get a little Isenj genetic memory so we can actually learn from the past!
There was a point towards the end of this book when I put the book down because I didn't want it to end that way. Well, of course I had fallen for the red herring...But that speaks volumes about the investment I made in these characters. I am certainly looking forward to the next book, and the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment