Saturday, May 06, 2006

Next Gen = Blu Ray


Well, I have thrown my hat in the ring. Blu Ray will be my chosen format once it becomes available. I have pre-ordered Ultraviolet--the first next gen movie.
Blu Ray playback is supposed to be part of the PS3 package. I already have a 360, but I am guessing it won't play HD DVD.
The deliberate crippling of both of these formats is truly the deepest argument against Capitalism--except for maybe Coal Mines or Haliburton. Ok, on that scale making consumers dance to adulterated content doesn't even register, but still. The crippling is a pre-emptive strike against copying. It will be even less effective than the current pre-emptive strike against the world the USA has embarked on. We are an uncivilized, single(but unofficial)language speaking, xenophobic bunch of Wal-Mart shoppers and YOU are either with us or against us and if you are against us you automatically drop out of the protected status of "human being".
Oops. This got political again.
Keep Watching Movies. Stop Making Sense. Plan for Retirement. Click the button for your FREE iPod!

No comments:

Post a Comment