Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vantage Point


Quaid, Whittaker, Weaver, Fox, and Hurt...how can it be as bad as the critics say? Can we get inside a "critics head"? Is it fair to start from: they have seen more films, spent more time watching than I have? Can we say that all this time spent watching and comparing should have some weight?
What was I hoping for when I went to see AVPR?
Well, I set no expectations for this: "Vantage Point", and got what I expected. 2 hours of exciting entertainment with some terrific actors along for the ride. You could do worse -- and you could have done better with Tony Scott's panned "Deja Vu" which is about ...vantage points!
Harmless, taut, occasional gripping and completely today. I am hoping that terrorists don't become America's Gojira. I am also hoping Dennis Quaid makes some more movies like this and Saviour!
Lightly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment