Sunday, May 11, 2008

Speed Racer


At brunch just prior to viewing I was reminiscing about "Speed Racer", one of the cartoons I watched as a sprout, and mentioned the ultrafast race around hairpin turns up a mountain in the rain. It was in there. The jump sound was in there. Racer X -- who used to make your heart stop every time he hit the screen -- is finally unmasked!
The one doubt I had was the kid and the monkey and they were fine.
This movie is 2+ hours of head spinnin' color and sound, like the end of 2001 except in color. Bright color.
I like serious movies, I do. This one wasn't, it was just the most fun I've had a live action animated film for kids since "Spy Kids". You adult types? Stay home.
Please compare and contrast Christina Ricci's roles in "Speed Racer" and "Black Snake Moan", 5 page minimum, single-spaced.
Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment