Friday, March 07, 2008

My Blueberry Nights


"Oh that's too easy."
"Seems too simple." As if turmoil and failure are the only options where the modern heart is concerned! Watched this hot off of the NC17 Lust Caution (superb) by Ang Lee, and wow, what a contrast in tone and style from 2 terrific directors. I am of course disqualified from "reviewing" (some would suggest my reviews are hardly) any films by Won Kar Wei as I am in fact a card carrying fanboy. What? Laurie Anderson on a soundtrack (Fallen Angels) wouldn't hook you for life? Who's Laurie Anderson? What! Next you'll be telling me Operation Condor was a James Bond film!
"My Blueberry Nights" is a "road movie" that follows the inevitably appropos Laurie Anderson lyric, "...at the beginning of the movie they knew they had to find each another so they rode off in opposite directions.."
The cauldron of love is a boiling pot and I need a drink.
See it you cynical bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment